YMU is a leading talent & influencer management company based out of the UK and US, representing an elite roster of some of the biggest names in popular culture – spanning global A-listers, household TV personalities, influencers & digital-first talent, chart-topping music artists, sports players, esports talent, best-selling authors, experts & thought leaders, writers, producers and many more.
We work courageously and persistently and have teams of industry-leading specialists in different areas – from strategy to commercial partnerships, content creation, community building, events, publishing, ventures, and financial planning – who work with our clients to help them achieve their creative and unique business objectives.
We strive to be the best company to work for, from providing excellent services to our clients, to staff satisfaction, to diversity and inclusion, mental health, and wellbeing.
YMU has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, and London.
About the Team
The Event Appearances team sit within the wider Group commercial partnerships team, focused on sourcing, building, and developing event appearance opportunities for our clients across each genre – from keynote speaking to hosting, panel discussions to DJ and music performances at industry conferences, internal events for leading businesses, red carpets, brand launch events, private functions, hospitality packages, amongst many other areas.
We focus on nurturing strong relationships with the events industry, advising our contacts on how to best curate their events using talent and build strong repeat business opportunities – we also work closely with the partnerships team to grow event bookings into wider partnerships for our clients.
The Event Appearances team place our clients into hundreds of events internationally each year and have strong relationships with many of the FTSE250 companies, leading speaker bureaus, event agencies and wider event sector.
About the Position
Reports to: Group Director of Event Appearances
We are looking for a candidate with a go-getter personality and a commercial mindset with previous success in a relationship building sales role to join the team. The Account Manager is responsible for helping to manage, negotiate and secure event appearances opportunities for the YMU client roster through inbound enquiries. Working closely with the team to build and nurture relationships with companies, brands and speaker bureaus.
The candidate will be an excellent communicator and a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They have proven success of building strong relationships quickly and able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Handle inbound enquiries from the full span of the events industry within the YMU Group portfolio, effectively negotiating, upselling and building relationships
- Research, create and develop an ‘elevator pitch’ around the client’s event offering(s)
- Build and maintain trusting relationships both internally and externally
- Attend events booked to network confidently and strengthen relationships with contacts to unlock new opportunities
- Work closely with the brand partnerships team to identify new opportunities
- Accurately and methodically follow up with contacts after each event to build a wider relationship and drive repeat business
- Capture all contacts and opportunities within the company’s CRM system
- Grow monthly revenue from event contacts across the year
- Develop an understanding of the key legal points and work with the legal team to create template agreements with key businesses, where possible
- Participate in team brainstorm sessions to identify growth areas and sales strategies that will unlock new business
- Support in building thought leadership content on key industry channels e.g. LinkedIn
- Work with the team to help shape compelling creds decks and sales presentations to take to market
- Update the team in the weekly meeting on progress, new relationships, any market feedback and opportunities to unlock wider partnerships
Experience & Capabilities:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the events industry – previous experience planning or brokering talent-led event opportunities is preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills, building rapport and trust quickly both internally and externally
- Strong communicator
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills, from enquiry to completion, with an ability to sell consultatively
- Skilled at pitching clients to the industry in a compelling and persuasive way
- Able to attend events to network confidentially
- Team player and highly collaborative
- Commercially minded and enjoys working in a fast-paced sales team
- Willingness to adapt and work in an ever-changing environment
- An existing network of contacts across events agencies, corporate companies and brands
- In addition to the usual hours, willingness to take calls and respond to emails out of office hours so flexibility is key
- Seeking long term position
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise and excellent time management
- Forward thinking and ability to take own initiative
- Trustworthy and able to handle confidential/sensitive information
- Passionate, highly motivated and solution-orientated
What We Offer:
- Unlimited holiday
- Access to flexible working conditions – we believe with performance comes freedom
- Staff equity share and bonus scheme
- Private medical after 12 months’ service
- Enhanced parental leave
YMU Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to protected diversity characteristics such as race/ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. All successful job applications are subject to referencing and background checks.