About the job:
Working for Digital Sports MGMT, part of the YMU group, the main purpose of this role is to drive forward the commercial offering across the verticals including talent partnerships, sponsorship, licensing, merchandise and consulting.
Working with the Head of Commercial to build out the strategy and sales plan, elevating the current commercial portfolio. Sourcing new brand partners, maintaining rights holder relationships and curating consultancy packages you will be fundamental to expanding the DSM Commercial portfolio across the sports, digital and entertainment ecosystem. Candidate must encompass the DSM culture and understand the ecosystem, with the ability to curate partnerships across any vertical of the business.
- Proactively sourcing new partnership opportunities, identifying a shortlist of brands and commercial partners to engage
- Pitching for opportunities within brands and rights holders
- Consulting on pitch or tender processes – guiding partners to promote commercial growth.
- Create sales collateral for each project (working with the wider commercial & creative teams)
- Attend key industry events from conferences, trade shows, sports events and engage decision makers accordingly.
- Work with Head of Commercial to set commercial strategy setting out both short and long-term objectives and financial targets.
- Support Head of Commercial in commercialising new sponsorship opportunities, consulting opportunities, brokering opportunities and clients across the division – to drive revenue growth month on month.
- At least two years of experience working in a commercial / marketing role
- Ideally experienced in working across sports brands, rights holders or partnerships with a knowledge of how commercial rights packages are built
- A natural sales driver, with strong connection capabilities
- A creative and entrepreneurial mindset to build packages and be flexible from client to client, with excellent relationship building skills both internally with colleagues or externally with clients
- Excellent knowledge and a passion for sport and the sports industry
- Understanding and interest in esports & gaming is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize task
- Superb attention to detail
What we offer:
We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
- Unlimited holiday
- Annual bonus scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance after 12 months’ service
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Employee Assistance Program