About the job:
Working within Business Management team, the main purpose of this role will be to
assist with clients’ accounts – which includes bookkeeping, preparing VAT returns, maintaining sales
and purchase ledgers as well as adhoc tasks and building strong client relationships. You will report
to a Senior Accountant, whilst providing additional support across the Business Management team.
- Bookkeeping and receipt analysis
- Preparing VAT returns
- Maintaining sales and purchase ledgers
- Assisting with account preparation for Sole traders, Limited companies and LLP’s up to trial balance
- Assisting with the running of bank accounts and gaining approval for payments
- Maintaining relationships with all major stakeholders
- Working across teams to ensure best practice is maintained
- Educated to A level equivalent or above
- Currently studying towards or willing to start studying towards an accounting qualification. Preferably ACCA, however other qualifications would be considered
- Adaptable, hard-working and willing to work as part of a team
- Highly efficient, meticulous with great attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure at times
- IT literate and interested in becoming an expert in key software packages
- Positive attitude, ability to work flexibly and committed team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and not require sponsorship
What we offer:
We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working
- Annual bonus scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance after 12 months’ service
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Employee Assistance Program
Dependent on your education, some exemptions from accounting qualifications will be considered.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term career in accountancy. The firm offer hybrid working, so you will be able to work from home for part of the week. Previous work experience as a bookkeeper / accounts assistant / junior accountant would be a bonus for this position.
Client first – We treat each client as an individual: look through their eyes and make sure our service is bespoke and tailored.
Collaborative – We are in this together: share information, support one another, and embrace working together as a collective unit.
Courageous – We are honest with one another: accept vulnerability, call out bad behaviour, and voice your option.
Curious – We are always looking to learn: develop your knowledge, strive to improve, and stay one step ahead for our clients.
Egoless – We are accountable and accepting: give your best self to others and place the team at the core of your work.