Your use of our Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly from You.
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. Information we collect may include:
- When you subscribe to receive updates from us about new features available on our Website or though the Services, we collect contact information from you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
- We collect the information you provide us when you fill out a survey, questionnaire, or other type of form you complete through the Services.
- If you contact us, we collect records and copies of your correspondence, including e-mail addresses and other contact information.
- While you are navigating the Website or using the Services, we may also collect your search queries or information about your viewing history.
- We collect any information you choose to e-mail or communicate to us while using the Services.
Information We Collect from Other Entities.
When you access the Services, we may collect information about you from third-party sources, such as: service providers, business partners, public and third-party databases, platform providers, non-affiliated partners, other users of our Services, or from other third parties. Information we collect may be combined with other information we have collected about you in order to complete requests you have made or facilitate transactions you have initiated via the Services, or for other purposes, for which we provide you with notice or to which you consent. Information we may collect about you from third-party sources may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and other contact information.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
When you use our Website, we may collect your browser type and operating system, web pages you view on the Website, links you click on the Website, and your IP address. We may also collect information about the length of time you spent visiting our Website and/or using our Services, and the referring URL, or the web pages that led you to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
Our Uses of Your Personal Information.
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services
- To notify you about changes and updates to our Services
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services
- To send you marketing materials about our products and services, or about promotions or competitions that are available through the Services
- To send you news and newsletters
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- To handle inquiries and complaints you or other users of our Services submit to us.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, such as maintaining customer records, monitoring your compliance with any of your agreements with us, collecting debts owed to us, and safeguarding our business interests
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and in situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Policy
- For research and analytics purposes
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information
- To fulfill purposes that you otherwise request or consent to
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
Vendors, Service Providers, and Other Processors.
We may disclose the information we collect from you to vendors, service providers, or other processors, such as customer management providers and IT services providers, to help us provide our Services to you, to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used, and to provide other services.
Subsidiaries and Affiliates.
We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries as needed to provide the Services to you.
In addition, we may also share your personal information under the following circumstances:
If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
In Response to Legal Process.
We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
To Protect Us and Others.
We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information.
We share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities while using our Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in and as you move through our Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of Website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Website usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics.
We and our third party service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from our Website, through your device(s), or from a third party) to help us and our third party service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). We and our third-party service providers also may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you e-mails. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Third-Party Ad Networks section below. Please note: if you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out may be specific to the web browser, app, or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you may need to opt-out from each browser or device that you use.
Please note that our Website does not recognize or respond to any signal which your browser might transmit through the so-called “Do Not Track” feature your browser might have. If you wish to disable cookies on our Website, you should not rely on any “Do Not Track” feature your browser might have. For more information about do-not-track signals, please click here.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising. Please be advised that opting out of ad networks will opt you out from certain companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Website or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info.
Our Website and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust, unique password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access Your Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by contacting us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
Your Choices Regarding Our Use of Your Personal Information
We may send periodic promotional e-mails to you. You may opt-out of promotional e-mails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. If you opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Notice Concerning Children
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 13, except as required by law or regulation. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately contact us if you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Website.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Website or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org