YMU Group is a leading management and professional services company based in the UK and US. Our mission is to bring added success to everyone who deals with us – both talent and industry clients. We aim to create circumstances where talented people can build their reputation, influence, and success.
We work courageously and persistently with elite talent and clients who represent the best in the industry. We provide a portfolio of services to a wide range of professional leaders in entertainment, film, music, radio, television, sport, and the arts, including athletes, authors, digital influencers, musicians, producers, digital artists, and TV personalities.
Part of the YMU Group, Digital Sports Mgmt is a Sports, Gaming & Entertainment Agency headquartered in London. DSM’s experience lies deeply rooted in the Video Games and Digital space, with our founders having worked at EA Sports for many years. Fast Forward to today and DSM works with various brands, rightsholders, platforms, influencers, presenters, footballers, and pro gamers, fusing together a unique agency at the forefront of sports, digital, gaming, and technology.
We strive to be the best company to work for and are constantly looking for ways to improve on every level, from providing excellent services to our clients, staff satisfaction, diversity and inclusion, mental health, and well-being.
About the Position
Reports to: Co-Founders
Working for Digital Sports MGMT, part of the YMU group, the main purpose of this role is to lead DSM’s Talent (Influencer) divisionleading the day to day operations of Influencer Marketing business development, Team leadership, overseeing influencer campaigns, liaise with key brand and agency clients, organising, pitching for and overseeing social & digital campaigns, keeping projects on track and overseeing the division’s P&L. You will also liaise with brands, agencies, influencers,and work across various gaming clients from time to time helping drive forward and grow revenues in the division.
- Establish relationships with new clients to secure RFPs, pitches and new campaign opportunities, as well as re-engage lapsed lead and client relationships for revenue development.
- Field and respond to client briefs or RFPs with creative social / influencer campaigns that leverage DSM’s expertise.
- Delegate support as needed for deliverables and administrative tasks related to client and proposal management to colleagues.
- Show ongoing initiative and follow through on proposals to secure revenue opportunities.
- Proactively identify opportunities for client re-engagement or in-market activity.
- Support Co-Founders in preparing for and facilitating in-market capabilities presentations and in-person client meetings.
- Create excitement and buzz for DSM’s services and capabilities with new clients and lapsed contacts by educating and re-engaging new and existing people within the client account teams.
- Present and walk prospective clients through proposals with confidence and a clear understanding of the DSM difference.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teammates to inform best practises and social strategies to pitch to clients.
- Generate new revenue streams with platforms, digital products, market places and general IP monetisation.
- Lead the approach to proposal development or response to briefs at DSM, including:
- Digest and understand clients RFPs/ briefs
- Synthesize or draw on key trends and information from a variety of sources, including internal data, to inform conversations and RFP/Brief responses
- Project manage responses cross-functionally start to finish
- Ideate RFP response with Business Development leadership including:
- Helping to brief and guide creative concepts
- Developing influencer campaign and creator strategies based on RFP/Brief goals
- Curating a range of influencer campaign or services from DSM
- Presenting agency partnership approach
- Estimates and recommends budgets against plans/RFPs
- Works with Co-Founders to finalize scopes and staff plans
- Project manages specialized creative or analytical support for RFPs/Briefs as needed
- Leads the timeline of the response and coordinates pitch strategy with key leadership stakeholders
- Leads briefings and preps meetings with clients (agendas, cross-functional questions, follow ups)
- Leads client comms
- Serve as day-to-day and lead point of contact for assigned Business Development RFPs
- Lead both internal and client meetings necessary to secure, pitch, and win new revenue opportunities
- Accountability for all client deliverables in the proposal development and production/account hand-off phase, reviewing and collaborating with junior and senior staff prior to client delivery as needed
- Direct cross-functional contributors to your assigned RFPs or work, delegating and reviewing project tasks and deliverables for quality and accuracy.
- Remain informed and provide feedback with the client’s interest in mind during the pre-sales phase of an RFP. This includes proactively flagging and effectively communicating cross-functionally around potential issues (budgeting, proposal fidelity, client feedback throughout the course of a project) and demonstrating proactive resolution or thought partnership should they occur
- Effectively communicate and involve key cross-functional stakeholders in proposal development
- Provide insights for Account Team to successful secure repeat revenue after first program completion
- Manage and complete SOW and invoicing deliverables in partnership with Co-Founders and Finance
- Manage the Digital & Social team day to day, driving best in class:
- Talent management
- Campaign management
- Sales management (Inbound & Outbound)
- Talent procurement
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrates strong, personable client services skills-a positive, collaborative attitude with both clients and colleagues.
- Successfully established client relationships with long-term business potential
- Continued command of influencer marketing strategies, tactics, and trends
- Ability to operate autonomously and delegate effectively across multiple account RFPs and colleagues supporting those efforts with clear direction and prioritization strategies.
- Adept and motivated by client services challenges; comfortable managing expectations and navigating more complex, challenging, or difficult client conversations through listening, proactive ideation, and solution-focused approaches.
- Consistently shows a proactive mindset and strong initiative, is comfortable working with anyone from founders and executives to junior staff across program phases to get projects accomplished
- Confidence and grace under pressure, capable of processing and synthesizing challenging client reactions or requests to support team-led solutions, is comfortable jumping into ad hoc requests and leveraging resources or cross-functional teamwork to solve problems on the fly-a true team player.
- Excellent Communication skills – Verbal & Written
- At least seven (years) of experience, working in the PR, influencer marketing or advertising industry
- Experienced at running and managing sales processes
- Excellent knowledge of influencer marketing, social campaigns and digital marketing
- Deep knowledge of Gaming
- Knowledge of and passion for the social media and influencer landscape
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent initiative and proactive follow through with all colleagues from interns to executive leadership team
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Superb attention to detail
- Experienced in managing a team and developing direct reports
- Experienced running a P&L in a division
What We Offer:
- Unlimited Holiday policy
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life and Health insurance (qualify after 12 months)
- Flexible working
YMU Group is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to protected diversity characteristics such as race/ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. All successful job applications are subject to reference and background checks.